Saturday, May 24, 2008

Hi everybody. A bunch of people have emailed me expressing concern over a malicious blog post out there about me. I appreciate it, but don't worry, I have not taken it to heart. I have never met her, never spoken to her, and honestly don't know what it is about. Well, to be more accurate, I only have a vague idea. I guess my cousin is a friend of hers, and she emailed me this the other day.

"Hey Katie,

Wow! I just read Kim's blog after a morning call from Barb. Wow.... I can honestly say I don't think you are her driving force here. Her Cousin's wife just left him, and their kids under some pretty disturbed circumstances. It's been very painful for here to cope with. I think she's transfering her emotions to you. I apologize for her poisonous barbs. It's not really about you. She really only know's about your life and past as a side note, or an update. I don't even think she knows about the progress you've made recently (job, apt., etc). Please just let her roll off of you. Drama fuels more drama. I can't stop her from writing her blog. I will talk to her about dumping venom at other peoples doors though.

Love you girlie!

Mandy"


On that note, I can truthfully say that I am not taking offense, I am just hoping that things work out for her and her family. I know how hard it can all be, and I know what it takes to recover from terrifically hard stuff.

Anyways, I am trying to get all the kids to sleep still, they are awfully wound up from the birthday party I had for them today. It was really fun and we loved having the family over to our place!

Take care, everyone. Be well.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Katie. The rest of us (me being someone who doesn't know you, but knew Laurie) support you and never judge. There's only one true judge and this person will have to face them one day so you can just leave it to him. You are so strong and that is really something to look up to. Keeping doing what you're doing and being the best you can be!

Yvette said...

I am glad you are so strong, hang in there.

Gail said...

Hey Katie, You are strong and I am very proud of you...Gossip is wrong no matter who is doing it. Some people just need a life. So they don't have to be hurtful in other peoples lives. Like keep stuff to themselves. Anyway, I am proud you are doing so well in your newish job. I am glad I have a job to keep me busy. I love you...Aunt Gail

d said...

Katie- would like to speak w/ you. I dont know another way to get in touch. You have my email/phone. Thanks- Dawn

Anonymous said...

Are you still out there?

Bigger than Me said...

Yep, still out there. Still out there, still seeking, and finding, still reaching and grasping. Still out there, still seeking, and finding, and breathing-the-kind-of-breath-that-screams-"undeserving" and yet still finding the grace that screams even louder "worth-it, worth-it, worht-it, worth-every-single-precious-moment-that-it-took-to-bring-you-home." Still out there....