Tuesday, December 20, 2005

undone

It is time to be undone.

I have never claimed to be an angel. In fact, I'll be the first to tell you I am one of the least angelic people God ever made. I have committed egregious sins, told hurtful lies, abandoned my faith and my family. I have come back to God and my loved ones many times, and still walked away many times too. I have used words as daggers, and thrown a few punches. I have been fraudulent, and dishonest.

I have made sickeningly bad mistakes.

Call me every name in the book. Pray for me, hate me, be disturbed and disgusted by me and every decision I have made and will make. Do what you will, but know that your words and judgment and anger do not belong to me.

Whether you admire or despise the things I am doing and the changes I am making, whether you agree or not...It is entirely irrelevant. Even if you don't believe it, it is irrelevant. I am making the choices that I am making. Me. The choices that I believe in...Me.

11 comments:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I love you, Katie. Your honesty is so refreshing and so welcome. We all suck, but it's rare that any of us admit it--and, unfortunately, rare that we do much about it. Good luck getting undone.

"It's time to get down on my knees and pray, 'Lord, undo me!' Put away my flesh and bones till you own this spirit through me. Lord--undo me." -Jennifer Knapp, "Undo Me," Kansas

Anonymous said...

deja vue...

Anonymous said...

Katie, You've never met me, but I consider your mom to be a dear friend, and I have been praying for your family these past few months.
I now pray that God will bless you, that His hand of comfort will rest on you, and that you will find the strength to honor Him. Only the Prince of Peace can satisfy your needs, Katie - give yourself and your fears to Him.
Judging you would be in direct violation of God's commands; loving you is required of those of us who call Him Lord. So, Katie, as a sister in the Kingdom of God, I love you and offer up heartfelt prayer for you and your family through this time.
God bless,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Sad

Anonymous said...

God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

No matter what else you are, you were created in the image of God.

Kim said...

I am praying for you. No judgement from me. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Katie,
The Christian life was never promised an easy way to live and times will be difficult and SATAN will attack. But we never perserve without the promise that GOD loves us. In Romans 8:38 it says, "I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love." And in Ephesians 4;18 it says, "And may you have the power to understand how wide, how long, how high and how deep his love is." Katie GOD loves you no matter how many bad choices you have made. He loves us all and we all make bad choices every day. As you think about being "undone", remember All that GOD "HAS DONE" for you. I love you Katie. Mrs. H.

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Hm. Had I known your intentions I don't think I would have posted the way I did. I'm praying for you, Katie.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just wanted to say that I'm the "anonymous" that posted:

God created man in his image; in the divine image he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

It always helps me when I start to focus on how imperfect I am to remember that God made me, and that's pretty cool.

Anna G.

Anonymous said...

You have responsibilities. You have children and a husband.Life isn't easy Katie.

Grow up.

You're being just as selfish, if not more selfish, as Laurie. Your family can't deal with this now. They don't need this. You are a coward.

Aunt Sara with the yellow hair said...

No comment except you know where to find me! Lub you forty nerdy...

Sara :)