Thursday, July 21, 2005

I am such a girl!!!

WARNING: There is no point to this blog entry whatsoever! There will be absolutely no insightful words, inspiring thoughts, or even a mention of anything profound. It is simply a temper tantrum, full-blown, kicking and screaming, about the stupidest and shallowest thing in the world. Forgive me in advance!

Why?!? Why did I let myself do this?!? Why on earth did I ever stand at the end of the hair color aisle at Target and pause for even a second?!? Why didn't I call someone to let them talk me out of this first?!? Why?!?

Yes, folks, I have done something stupid. Very, very stupid. I have taken a lovely head full of pretty strawberry blond hair...and turned it platinum. I dyed it not once, BUT TWICE!!! What the heck is wrong with me?!? I bought a box of ultra light blonde, and decided to do it last week. Well, halfway through the process I glanced in the mirror and freaked! I grabbed the shower head, and frantically rinsed. However, that was a dumb move. Stopping midway gave me a weird gold-yellow color which I hated. So what did I do? I went out and bought another box!!! DUH!!! (please excuse me for one moment while I bang my head on the wall.) Well, it is blonde. Very blonde. Gwen Stefani. Christina Aguilera. Paris Hilton. Pamela Anderson. Blonde, blonde, blonde!!! I am platinum! I don't want to be platinum!!!

Yes, I have already called my brilliant cousin Molly, the hair stylist/master, who will most likely be written into my will. The one thing I have been pretty much informed of for certain is that whatever we do, we will have to wait a couple of weeks, so I don't have to go bald (which doesn't sound that bad right now!!!)

Now I need to go stare at myself in the mirror for awhile, while wailing away. Why?!?! Why, Katie, why?!?

Hope y'all are well and normal-haired.

5 comments:

PixieGirl said...

Fear not! Super Molly can fix it. I once colored my hair three times in the same week! Its freshly red right now and I'm trying to get used to it... We'll see. I love you crazy girl! Do something totally wild while you're a complete bleach blonde. Test the theories... Thats my advise!

dbrown said...

You're funny Katie.

I thought the hair was fine. A sassy summer 'do.

Well, there's my gay comment for the day.

Aunt Sara with the yellow hair said...

Well, gosh, Katie, that's the weirdest thing you've ever done! Wait...there was that one time Freshman year of high school...and then that other time that year...and then...hehe. Just one thing I must say..."It's all relative!" LOL. I can totally see you standing there in front of the mirror totally beside yourself. Thanks for the laugh! ;)

I love you!
Sara :)

Greg Boncimino said...

Skate,

So now I am the only red head in the family. Bwuuh Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Boy, does it feel GREAT to have nice light red hair! I think I'll run my fingers through it over and over....

Today must be the day for hair coloring: Alfredo (our dude white poodle) stepped into the "Tiffany blue" paint can, and now has a spankin' blue right front paw.

Oh well, back to enjoying my hair.....

Grit

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

I love it, Katie! Seriously! I'm all about going wild with hair now and then; it's one of those temporary boredom cures that you know will always go back to normal after a while. I've been burgandy, blond streaked, deep brunette, and shoe polish black (which I have to admit is still one of my favorites). I'm big into changing my hairstyle, too, although now that I'm married and have someone else's opinion to worry about I'm not as wild in that area as I used to be. :)